Wednesday, January 9, 2013

01.09.13

Now Playing: BEAST - Lights Go On Again

Luke 19:8

Have I ever mentioned that I'm short tempered and have a pretty bad attitude problem? Today on my way to work I had another conversation with my dad about night school. (I do not want to attend night school) He complained about having to drive me so far to a different city/town and etc. I understand that I need to appreciate my parents more, I really do. I'm just sick and tired of hearing the same complaints over and over again and being constantly reminded that I have a rock like intelligence (Reason that I have to take summer school). I am really trying hard to improve my grade, but with only two assessments left in the course (Performance Task and Exam), there isn't really much that I can do you know?

Side Note: The first unit, Polynomial Functions that I've been studying/reviewing for the past three days has gotten a lot easier after much time spent doing questions and memorizing definitions. Praise God that I am able to find reassurance and have an enlightening of my spirits.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in yesterdays post but I recall blogging about the unfairness of my friend receiving five more dollars in our Christmas gifts at work. Though I had worked there for longer and had gotten my friend/coworker the job, my boss gave him an extra five dollars in our Tim Horton's gift card. I realize that this isn't that big of a deal, but I tend to make a big deal about little things. Any who, I think God really reads my blog...One of the parents that come to our daycare gave me a $15 Ciniplex gift card for Christmas. I thought that was really kind of her. I just got the opportunity to thank her today so it just came to my mind.

Ah, one thing I forgot to mention earlier which is rather important is that my internet is down. Rogers...I'm not impressed. We pay a lot for our households 60GB's a month and we have crappy connection too. However, I am happy that I'm able to access Google and apparently now, Blogger too!

I'm currently reading "The Fault In Our Stars" by John Green and no I haven't moved from the place I talked about last blog post. So far the book is amazing and I catch myself smiling like a goof ball. Augustus Waters is really something.

Today in Philosophy my teacher kept using the term: "nut bar." I've actually come to enjoy that term and I think I'd probably use it a lot in my daily life starting today. Ha, I'm quite  different aren't I?

I finished my homework and mathematics review rather early today so I was going to take this time before 12am to watch some Korean reality shows. Mainly "The Romantic and Idol Season 2." However, whilst watching my lovely Rogers connection died on me. (Do you hear the sarcasm in my voice?) So here I am, debating whether or not I should continue reading "The Fault In Our Stars" and waiting for the boy I'm interested in to reply me.

I've mentioned a little about this before but I'll tell you again now. My family and I went on a Caribbean cruise in which we visited Princess Cays (Bahamas), Curacao and Aruba. They were all very beautiful places. I think I liked the first two islands the best. I'm quite the cold blooded animal, in the next life (If there is one, which I believe there wouldn't be, but if there were) I would want to be a dolphin. I think they're beautiful. Any ways, my fish like qualities of my father and I sent us snorkelling in all three islands. I will tell you now, fish are beautiful. I saw these cute group of fish, honestly I don't think I'll ever forget. I kept giggling because their fins moved as if they were clapping. It was adorable I must say.

Honestly I don't think anything will ever happen between the boy I'm interested in and I. He lives too far away. I probably shouldn't waste my time with him but he's still my friend. I don't want to stop talking to him. He's quite good company when you're sitting alone in Starbucks drinking a grande chai tea latte (My favourite Starbucks Drink by the way...).

I thought I'd dedicate this paragraph of my blog post to "grande chai tea lattes."
My great friend introduced me to the world of Chai Tea. Her and I are very similar in many ways. I think she knows me most well after my mother, father and sister. Chai Tea Latte's taste like pumpkins and spices in a not overly sweet milk combination. Though it may get sweet around the bottom, it still tastes amazing to me.

My mom just came into my room and this is how our conversation went.
Mom: Go to sleep soon. Good luck tomorrow. Just try your best.
(My mother is so supportive, she's the best)
Me: Okay. Why? What's tomorrow?
Mom: I thought you had a test.
Me: No...
Mom: When's your test?
Me: My exam...? (Long pause) January 25th.
Mom: Oh, well...If you want to be smarter, sleep earlier.
Me: Aha okay.

It's interesting that my mom notices I'm studying a lot. Now she won't tell me or imply that I'm a slacker cause I'm studying 16 days before my exam. 

My teachers had always told me to study for my exams weeks in advance. In my last year of high school, I'm finally realizing that I probably should listen to them.

I've babbled on so much because I finished early today and it's not quite as close to my bed time as it normally is when I post in my blog. I almost forgot to talk about my devotion today.

I had really hoped to read "My Utmost for His Highest" again tonight but no can do because internet is unfortunately down with the exception of Google and Blogger. So I've gone back to my old but good, "Our Daily Bread." Today's devotion is about making our wrongs right. The little quote at the bottom says:
A debt is never too old for an honest person to pay.
It suddenly makes me concious of the wrongs that I've done in the past. Though I can't think of any major ones at the moment. I can think about the years of elementary school where I bullied this girl who is now my friend. I've always wanted to apologize to her but I don't really know how to say it. I'm really sorry to her. And honestly she's now beautiful, fit and a pretty cool person. I'm glad she was able to put our past aside and remain friends with me.
If I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold. 
-Luke 19:8

I am now going to tell you that I'm going to read "The Fault In Our Stars" but I can't guarantee that will actually happen.

Thank you God for making me, me.
Peace out,

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment