Thursday, January 10, 2013

01.10.13

Currently Playing: Chicago (Acoustic) - Sufjan Stevens

Acts 26:16-17

I'm writing this blog post later than I normally do. Hmm, I wish that I had written it earlier. I'm actually writing in bed rather than my sturdy table today. I've had a tiring but satisfying day.

I think my philosophy teacher is very nice. She sort of playfully makes fun of me but in a nice way. Does that make sense to you? Well I really do enjoy her classes, it's just her tests that are super hard. And I can already for see a crying Whitney in the philosophy exam in two weeks. What I've always wondered about philosophy teachers is whether or not they are atheist or theists. Do you ever wonder that too? They have to remain unbiased in their teachings but I wonder what they're thinking in their heads. I think that they're probably not God believers because questioning everything takes a toll on your relationship with my home boy JC. No matter how good you are with Him, doubt still exists.

I spent my lovely lunch in the library. While my friends chatted beside me, I sat in my individual cubby and started Unit 2 Advanced Functions review. Call me anti-social but I really don't want to retake Advanced Functions. Once is enough for me. Well, while in the library I was texting the boy of my interest and my dad at the same time. Regarding the boy of my interest, let's just say things aren't getting anywhere because I don't think he's interested at me whatsoever. But I'll still remain a friendship with him. On the contrary, my best friend (aka my dad) said that my mums new computer came in. She got a 15.5 inch Asus laptop. Very exciting! I got to open it and set it up with her. Sorry mum, I forced my opinion of using Google Chrome on you. (I downloaded Chrome and deleted Internet Explorer off of her bottom bar)

Today's devotion has led me back to "My Utmost for His Highest." The phrase that caught me the most in the devotion was "Conversion is not regeneration." It comes to my attention that a lot of new, and old Christians get this mixed up. I don't really know where I'm trying to go with this. But our actions should not be governed by God's laws but rather by conviction through God's love. We should also show love for Christians so that they may all emulate love.

Today my dad talked about someone that he thought was a "very good Christian." He explained that even though he was out of work, he was optimistic and continued to take on jobs around the church. He also described him as someone that doesn't get angry and is rather patient. My sister added that he always stands and represents individuals at members meetings. I find all these traits admirable. The fact that he could be totally sulking and upset about his situation and the way he's actually handling it really makes me respect him. You deserve a gold star sir.

I hate cleaning my room. I don't even know why. I feel like even though I'm almost an adult, I still enjoy rebelling. I clean when no one asks me too. But the fact that I'm always nagged to clean bothers me and I never end up cleaning. The weird thing is that I don't even like when my room is messy. It bothers me too.

I'm watching two dramas right now:
1. Missing You 
Yoochun's in it which makes me happy. And so is Yoon Eunhye which also makes me very happy. And Yoo Seungho whom I adore. It's nearing the end of the drama and it is quite interesting. The first two episodes were my favourite though, to be very honest with you.
2. Flower Boy Next Door
Park Shinhye, love her. Yoon Siyoon, adorable. Go Kyungpyo, gracing my screen. And then there's that guy that she creeps. Very good looking too. Only two episodes have aired so far and it's quite interesting. It airs on TVn which I'm finding is producing very exceptional dramas that keep getting better (i.e. Queen Inhyun's Man [My all time favourite], Reply 1997 and Shut Up Flower Boy Band).

I watch a lot of Eat Your Kimchi. Simon and Martina are very admirable in my eyes. Ah, the fact that they have their own studio is amazing and I'm so excited for their growth.

Thanks God for reading and always watching over me,
I anticipate your coming!

Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment