Sunday, January 6, 2013

01.06.13

Current Song: Epik High - Love Love Love

John 21:22


Today is the last day of the winter break before I return to senior year.  Senior year has been great to me except for the fact that I'm doing super poorly in 2/3 of my classes. I really have to figure out how to get myself together before exams at the end of January.  That is my biggest concern. I have a 73 in Advanced Functions, 75 in Philosophy and a 96 in Yearbook. I'm so worried that I'm not going to get into university. Waterloo is my dream school but I don't even think I can get into the Environment and Business program that accepts low 80 average students. 

Today is also my dad's birthday. My dad is like my best friend. Though he's not the bread winner of the family, he does a lot more than making money. I love you dad.

Today was the first Sunday of the month so we had communion at church. I love communion, I really do. It sort of helps to snap me out of the fog that I've been in and to focus truly on God. In the sermon today, our pastor asked if we were spending time with God, if we remembered his presence all the time. I realize that I hardly think of God. Though I believe, love and try to follow His commands, the presence of Him seems to slip my mind constantly. I will try to remind myself that God's watching all the time from now on and spend more time "hanging out" with God. 

Today my devotion was on John 21:15-22. I find it rather ironic that The Daily Bread article talks about conducting and choir today(My dad conducts for the choir at church once/twice a month. It reminded me of him). I've lost my bible/misplaced it, thus, I am referring off of the verse from The Daily Bread.

"What is that to you? You follow me."
-John 21:22

In this passage Jesus is talking to Peter and reminding him that other peoples opinions don't matter. I'm not going to lie, there are many times that I have doubted and have been ashamed of my own faith. Even recently on the TTC I found it awkward to talk with my Christian friend about my spiritual walk in a full but silent bus. I really love you God, I don't know why I'm so worried about what others think. I ask that You help me in remembering that a life with Jesus is not shameful but the best kind of life.

This reminds me of the verse that my sister Erin put on my chalkboard in my room. 

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because we know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its course so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything."
-Don't actually know where this verse is located in the bible

I must face my trials head on and not be ashamed of my faith.

God, as I go through this difficult time in the school year, I ask that you guide me and help me to concentrate. My friend told me that he believes "hard work weighs more than intelligence." I hope that You can help me prove him right. I really want to work hard and do well. I just have no motivation.

But I've decided that from now on, You are my motivation.

Your daughter,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment