Tuesday, January 8, 2013

01.08.13

Now Playing: Ed Sheeran - A Team

Genesis 22:9 
Romans 12:1

Today I've gone for a different devotional approach. I went to read my other favourite source of devotion, after "Our Daily Bread," "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers.  The devotion for today challenged me to sacrifice things for God because He's the only thing that really matters. Rather than giving things up for the sake of giving them up, I need to learn to identify with the sacrifices of those of my homeboy Jesus Christ.

Today I pledge to try to do the best I can to show God's love to those around me.

I have decided to sign myself up for night school Advanced Functions. Though it is every Tuesday and Thursday from February to June, I think it will really help me get into university. However, I don't want to do it if I have a choice. That's why I am continuously following my vigorous (but seemingly lacking) mathematics review. I really would like to obtain higher than a 75. I really don't want to do night school, but if that's what I need to do to achieve my dream, so be it. God, I know you'll lead me to what is best for me. Whatever mark I end up with, that is your will.

The boy of interest called me lame. Okay. I can't really get to know someone through long distance. I don't even remember what his voice sounds like. However, right now is the time for me to excel in mathematics and philosophy, not figuring out what his favourite colour is and his favourite songs (which by the way I don't know because I'm staying true to my other interest: mathematics). He still doesn't talk to me about Jesus. As much as I can like him, if you have no interest in my homeboy, we cannot be together.

My parents are going on vacation again in a couple of months. Woopdeedoo. Another vacation that I will not have a part in. But I cannot complain because I was able to go to the Caribbean over the winter break.

I need to remind myself of God's presence all the time because I feel like I care more about what others think than Him. And His opinion is the only one that should matter, you know?

To whomever reads my blog, thank you. I honestly do this for myself (I really enjoy journalling but I've found that writing takes too long) to document what I've been doing at that time. I've read a lot of my old journals and felt embarrassed of the things I wrote about. So let's hope that down the road I won't be ashamed reading this. I wonder if my blog posts are entertaining or you just accidentally click it. Nonetheless, thank you. Listen to some Ed Sheeran, it's very soothing.

To be honest, I feel more productive than I've felt all school year. I'm creating To Do Lists and actually following them for once. It's rather fascinating when you have a paper full of check marks at the end of the night.

Oh, prom is coming up in May (If it does decide to run, there's a strike going on and a lot of complicated stuff that I really don't know about and they've cancelled all our extra curricular activities, boo). Well, I was a part of two clubs and two committees before they were cancelled so I'll count those on my university applications cause honestly, I spent many hours in meetings, if that don't count...well... Wow run on sentence, I apologize.

Somebody please tell me what a sentence fragment is. I seem to make this mistake a lot within my essays. And people don't like that. Another reason I write this blog is to practice my writing for next semester English. Woohoo (sarcasm).

I really want to finish "The Fault In Our Stars" but I'm at the Amsterdam part and it's sort of boring me. One of my best friends also got me a couple of books for Christmas. I want to read them too but I seemingly am very occupied writing a blog that has twelve views.

I quit worship team at church. I feel bad, I really do. But I really need the time to focus on my school work and grades. I'll probably start again in the summer time. I'm sorry God.

Have you ever wondered if you've encountered an angel before? Pardon this randomness (though my blog is all random babble).  You could even be an angel. Actually I don't know about that. Haha, don't trust my information, I'm very inaccurate.

Oh, like any human being I have a few things for some very handsome actors. I giggle at the sight of: Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, Tom Hiddleston and Nicholas Hoult. I also like Korean singers, TVXQ/DBSK being my favourite, but only if they're five are they amazing.

Anyway, that's enough for me today.
Thanks for reading about my life with JC.

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment